hi

hi

Monday, January 9, 2012

up earlier and out and about

Managed to get up earlier, because I stuck a note on my phone saying "Sherlock @ 12:30". If you know how to do it, one can watch television shows as they air live in foreign countries. Which is what I did. Got up, had some toast and tea. Got the video playing, and got into a wee chatroom with some awesome fellow Sherlock nerds. OH what an episode. The quality wasn't the best, but the company I had while watching it was tops.

After that, ma, pa and myself went to town! We went to Heartland Toyota and looked at Priuses. The plan seems to be to trade in my old Contour. I'll get our old Prius. Works for me. We didn't get the Prius just yet. After that we went to the Lions Park and walked about. Did we do something between that? I forget. From there we went to Best Buy, where Ma got a quite swish camera. I ran into my friend Jared, who I met in Japanese class at Olympic College way back when I was 16. Nearly eight years ago. Damn. But yeah, that was cool! He is in town for a bit. His wife gave birth to his daughter Eleanor. Lovely name, if I do say so.

We parted ways, and we went to McDonald's for a quick lazy dinner. Then we saw War Horse. It had some really good moments, some lovely cinematography, great casting, some really sad moments, but it also dragged at times. Still, another long Spielberg war epic. But he knows what he is doing.

Got back 9:40ish. It was nice to be out and about, even if I was just tagging along with Ma and Pa. So tomorrow is Monday, eh? I'll do something with it.

No comments: