hi

hi

Sunday, July 11, 2010

the girl who put boxes away

4:21am. The apartment is pretty much all packed up. I'll be using my 4'x7' space to its full capacity. Wish I could have gotten a little more sleep. And a larger space, but that is what they had at the storage unit. There are not many others close in.

Went downtown and got my storage unit. The guy was really nice. It cost a little less than expected, but I'm not renting a whole month. Like I said, it will be a tight squeeze but I measure the size out on my floor and it appears to fit. It will be stacked really high and impossible to get anything out from the back. I have a plastic contained reserved for the things I put in the unit right before I get on the train. Shampoo. Bedding. That stuff. Also I have a load on laundry to do. Not sure if I'll get the train ticket for Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday seems more likely. Run errands on Monday. Laundry. Storage runs. Clean up my raggedy dirty apartment. Contact the RA. Once I know when I'll be signing out the apartment, that will be the day I get on a train and go home, never to return to this apartment again (most likely, as I won't be in Portland again till after Katie moves out).

After storage, I dropped off clothes at Goodwill. I picked up a pair of shorts as well. Mmm shorts. I swung by the Dollar Store as well. No where near as good a selection as the one in Silverdale, but it still provided me plastic bags, something to drink, googly eyes assortment pack, and some small tubs for small items. Later I realized I grabbed a wrong lid for one of them.

There is a lot of room for small things storage within my shelves and the wooden short cabinet that Cece left behind. I'm not sure if my red shelf will fit. Maybe Karen could take care of it? It is pretty compact.

As motivation, I told myself that if I could get all my boxes into the 4x7 space, all my art in portfolios or cardboard, and get all that remains of my stuff in a pile in the living room, then I could go see The Girl Who Played With Fire, the second film in the Millennium Trilogy based after these books. The first is The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I got my assignment done and caught the 10:15 showing. My arms were wearing and couldn't take any more lifting as it was. It was a really good movie. More character development, not as brutal as the first movie, and a different mystery. Really good. I can't wait to watch the next one. I'm not sure if I should read the books or not. I already know how they end, but you get a different vibe from words over pictures. It was a good break.

But at 12:30 I had to return. And I worked hard getting the rest of my stuff in boxes. There are small things here and there, but I'm not worried.

Noon is when it begins tomorrow. My alarm is set. I'm not sure if I should move the boxes again, or leave them like this. Because like this, the top items will get loaded first and then pulled out last, which would mean they would be put in the unit last. But it will take many, many loads. Well more loads from my apartment to the cars. At the storage place, they have trucks. So we can just unload it all and bring them up. Unloading and putting away will probably be easiest.

I'm tired.

No comments: