hi

hi

Thursday, March 11, 2010

lots of open time

Oh damn the time escaped me again.

I got to school only to find out our mid term meetings were just with the teacher and we wouldn't be doing anything except for waiting. Sometimes they still have us practice drawing or watch a movie while they call us out and give us out fates. My meeting was at 1:10. I could have majorly slept in. Oh well. Had time to eat and mess around on the net.

Sat with Tabitha, Cherish, and Sandra. The latter two are doing this detox thing and can only drink this lemonade mix. Poor ladies.

My meeting with Daniel went pretty well. I'm showing up, doing the work, and talking. That tends to lead to success.

Then it was do nothing time again. Well I sketched for Odd Owl. Then it was off to Museum of Contemporary Craft!

There was a show he wanted us to see and we had a chance to talk to Bill Gilbert, his former teacher. Mostly a talk about having a place in the art world and all that. He seemed pretty cool. We got out of class early because it was required to see Bill Gilbert talk at 6:30 tonight.

I rode my bike to Powell's in search of Wendigo myths. None could be found, and the general Native American myth section was lacking. I did pick up The Children's Hospital by Chris Adrian. I had spied it a year ago (it has a really nice cover) and now it was on sale! Thanks to some directions from the cashier, I made my way downtown in search of Nike Town. Unfortunately I was mistaken. The Girl Scouts will be outside Nike Town tomorrow from 4-6, not today. Damn!

Finished my morning burrito at school. Yoga was only three people, including myself. On Monday it is around 15, and that gets crowded. Anyway, it was nice not having it so full up. The lizard pose really screwed up my knees for a few minutes. I couldn't hold the lunges.

Yoga ran a little bit into the lecture, but I still caught it. Bill Gilbert is rad! He teaches this land art and ecology class at Uni New Mexico. It is part of their sustainability program. He takes students on these long week to three weeks expeditions into the west. They visit Spiral Jetty, Grand Canyon and all these other spots and do art on location. His slide show was so cool. I want to do a road trip really bad right now.

Rode home. Sketched Odd Owl. Watched White Collar (wow really bad explosion effects) and Quantum Leap (and the episode had a young Willie Garson, who plays Mozzie in White Collar).

Tomorrow is going to be a Billy Tea type of morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could find info on windigo myths in a library. I remember reading about them in anthropology, native american history.