hi

hi

Monday, August 6, 2012

Nathan is awesome. Having a proper room set up is awesome.

Nathan was super awesome today. Took me to Ikea. Helped me get stuff from Ikea to my house. Helped me assemble stuff. Though he did do one thing backwards, but that was easily fixed. Hurray Nathan!

In case you are unaware, because sometimes I like to pretend that people who are not my Mom and Dad read my blog, Nathan is my brother.

Also Jared, you read my blog. Hi Jared! I think you knew Nate was my brother, but if you didn't there it is.

I set my alarm for 8, and it took my a while to realize why my alarm was going off. I got up, and did the routine, but I still was a bit slow leaving the house. Arrived in Redwood City at around 1ish. Got the extra futon and my buffalo plush.

Then off we went to Ikea! No trip to the blue and yellow mecca of flat pack is complete without starting with meatballs, and start we did. I had already scoped out stuff online, so I had a good idea about what things were on sale and what wasn't worth a gander. I started with a white color scheme, but it ended up being a natural wood (see: really basic) frame bed, with a dark brown bed side table (that is technically a coffee table), a dark gray metal shelf unit, and black legs for a white table top. I've been organizing my room, and there is a sort of division between the bedroom side and the art side, and with the table and already installed shelf both being white, it makes one side white, the other black, in scheme. Though with bits of red and blue throughout. Anyway, it all ties together. I want a comfy chair to go in the now freed corner. Like, a papasan or something. I also got an underbed storage thing, that is actually big enough to fit my shirts and trousers, so no need for a chest of drawers, unless I procure a lot more clothes. I also got a trashbin and some frames, and Nate got some things as well.

Traffic was a nightmare at this one intersection, because douchers kept pulling too far forward and blocking the intersection.

We assembled the desk first, then the bed, then I did the end table while Nate did the shelves. Then we ate enchilada casserole and cupcakes and watched the second episode of the fifth season of Breaking Bad. Nathan left after that, and he took some leftover casserole with him. Almost finished that beast off!

My bed looks nice. Can't wait to test it out! I'm off the floor, though not by much.

I hung some art up, the art that would fit in frames anyway, and also did a little tack + cut out image thingy for me to hang by necklaces and other small hangable stuff from. Now that's all in a line and it looks okay. Trying to not use tacks except where proper, like with calenders. I put a bunch of glue on my chipped/cracked Glam Breakfast mug, so now it is a pen holding mug. Now I have a desk, and a bed, and my room seems like a room. I'm getting situated! I'm thankful that I have a bit of time to continue to situate, and it isn't just straight back to work.

No comments: