hi

hi

Friday, August 10, 2012

13. That is just a kid!

Last night on my street, a 13 year old was killed in a drive by shooting. The police say it was gang related. I didn't hear anything, and the reports indicate only two gunshots, so it wasn't as if the whole block was shot up. It's so sad. 13! That is, that is way too young. I'm not scared of my neighborhood. It's quite the specific crime. Okay it does show I'm not in a great place, but I don't feel unsafe in my own home, or walking down the street during the day. I just need to be cautious during the night time.

And stay away from gangs.

A policeman and a lady who seemed to be a translator came to my doorstep to ask if I remembered anything. I remember some sirens, but sirens are not uncommon in any city, especially if you live nearish to downtown.

So. There was that.

I also woke up with super puffy swollen eyes. Some reaction to the sun exposure yesterday, I'm sure. So I spent a lot of the day with a cold compress on my face. And the swelling went down. My face hurts. It isn't extremely pink/red. It doesn't look burned. It just feels a bit tight. I can't find any aloe. I thought I packed it in my stuff, but I guess I didn't. So that constant agitation and tending to my puffyness kept me...doing that during the day and now it's night time.

Err. I'm really bad at productivity.

No comments: