hi

hi

Monday, October 31, 2011

clammin'

Saturday:

It was very much for the best that we didn't go to the beach last night, because it was rainy. Today was surprisingly nice. I woke up to ma and pa saying "we are ready to go" so I showered and stuffed a bag full of stuff and had a mediocre breakfast and off we went! Even though I had tea, I still napped on the way to Ocean City State Park.

We got a spot and settled in. We decided to take Holly with us on the trip, so we kept her on a leash and walked down to the beach. It was not windy and there were no fleas and it was sunny and not totally freezing. Near November and better weather that the summer. Whaaat?

Back at the motorhome, we had sandwiches and watched some Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It got dark and we suited up. We got our clam guns (home made by dad), our flashlights, our boots, our rain coats, and all this other gear to help us dig for razor clams at night. Hurrah! It was fun. An interesting trek in the stillness of night. Quite beautiful as the only illumination came from our lights and the moon was a red sliver low in the sky. We managed to dig up 20 clams using our guns. We found a couple broken ones that other people discarded. Didn't get the clam limit, but it was slow going and couldn't find that many spurts. Still, Dad is a champ at digging. Really good at chasing them through the sand.

Back at the moho, we finished the movie and ate mac and cheese. What a night!

Todays Portrait Is: Rich Fulcher.

Sunday:

Slept in, which was good because on a morning walk, Ma and Pa took Holly off a leash and she went and rolled in the carcass of a seal. While I slept, they washed her off. Silly smelly dog. Silly parents taking her off the leash.

Bacon, eggs over easy, and toast for breakfast! And cocoa! Yum!

We gave Holly a quick walk down at Pacific Shores or something and then headed home. Grabbed some DQ on the way. Then I took another nap. Spent so much time sleeping.

Helped empty the hot tub. Got Downton Abbey and Misfits all set up. Ate a burger. Hot tubbed. Somewhere in the day, I bit the inside of my lip something fierce. Ate a salad. Watched Bridesmaids with Ma and Pa. It was a bit awkward to watch at times, but it did have some genuine funny moments. I like the Chris O'Dowd is getting popularity on this side of the pond. He is charming.

Spent the rest of the night snacking and watching my Sunday Stories. Misfits was AWESOME. It is the show that above all others I look forward to. It is hilarious and I'll never let ma and pa watch it. Anyway, dig the new character (who has the same map pillowcases that we do) and love the set up for this season. Downton Abbey was good. Finally some good things happened, but as per usual it was more bad stuff. Boo, I just want characters to be happy! Walking Dead was okay. It is a good show it just...is sort of treading water. Dexter, gah, why did they do that to that character! I liked him. That was stupid. Boardwalk Empire will have to wait till tomorrow.

Yay. Illustrator. Boo. Flash. All though since it is a work day, then that should be good. Don't know what I'll work on but I'll come up with something, eh. Some things I care about, some things I don't.

Today's Portrait Is: David Mitchell.

No comments: