hi

hi

Sunday, October 16, 2011

baby aunties birthday

Another sleeping in day. Dad made some eggs and bacon for me. Mmm. Yum!


Went to Michael's to pick up some macrame supplies. Worked on some macrame at home. Yay necklaces!


Threw on my red dress, and a jacket Brynne gave me, put my best makeup on, and got ready to head out for Brynne's 50th Birthday Party. Headed out of the house at around 5pm. Worked on my macrame as we waited for Celia at Safeway. She was meeting us there so only one car was needed in Orting. It was a further hour and a half to get to Orting, where Auntie Brynne's shindig was. There were some crazy directions but we made it!


There were many familiar faces, Dave, Dan, Josh, Linda, and many people who were familiar with me who I didn't know. Had some wine. Had some chips. Chatted. Kept my coat on, because I was cold with my bare legs. The house had a taxidermy room. A crazy taxidermy room. With some endangered animals. Porcupine. Zebra skin rug. Buffalo head. Lots of various deer heads. LOTS! I was amazed and horrified and just...dang.


Dinner was amazing. The lamb was so moist I could cut it with my spoon. The chicken pie was delicious. It was all delicious. Brynne was jovial and bounced from person to person all around the party. Talked to bunches of people. Didn't have any pie, but did have cookies. It was a fun party. Lots of neat people and good conversation. Got plenty of compliments, which is always nice.


Celia drove us to the Safeway parking lot, which was nice. I dozed a bit, but woke up when I got home and now it is late. Have to do some portraits tomorrow and then Cats!



Todays Portrait Is: Ursula K. Le Guin.


note: the link to that portrait is correct now.

No comments: