hi

hi

Saturday, October 22, 2011

all for one, one for Mads Mikkelsen

Today was actually a sleep in day! Which I did.

Had a little breakfast. Dad was off getting a root canal. Mom was...I forget what mom was doing.

For lunch I made a sandwich and mom had soup and we watched the first two episodes of Downton Abbey. I forgot how unsympathetic Mary is at the start. She takes some getting used to, but having semi unsympathic characters makes for an interesting cast. Anyway, it was a rainy day. Perfect for watching period costume dramas starring Maggie Smith. We finished the second episode right as dad came home. His mouth was a bit numb but all in all, it went well it seems.

Later on we finally finished carving our pumpkins. I cooked up ground turkey and we had really delicious burritos for dinner. Mmm! And we have enough meat left over for a scramble tomorrow. Now THAT is a reason to get out of bed early for (will I?).

We went to see the new adaptation of The Three Musketeers. It was fun. I would have liked to have sat closer to the screen to fully embrace the 3D, but ma isn't down with that. The teen girls in the theater next door watching Paranormal Activity 3 screamed multiple times during their screening. Anyway, Three Musketeers was good. Was it phenomenal? Ahh. Nah. But it had some awesome actors (Matthew MacFadyen, Mads Mikkelsen, Milla Jovovich) and some neat sequences and airship battles and the return of Orlando Bloom. I think it could have been a bit longer and had more sword fighting, but can't have everything.

Dad is off to work later on this week. Gotta get working on my Illustrator midterm.

Todays Portrait Is: Lauren Socha.

No comments: