hi

hi

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

work, fun, extra fun

Oi. Man, got up at a reasonable hour. How normal. 9am! AHG! But I actually got to school with time to spare. Got to the studios and got my job: finish up the tape job and then sand sand sand. My hair went a shade lighter with all the spackle dust. It was strenuous, but it only lasted two hours. Still, damn it was a lot of dust. Not fun.

Came back to the computer lab to find an email that rerescheduled my meeting, so I spent a couple hours adding color to the next five portraits! I want to get super far ahead with them again, especially since I'll be heading on a two week vacation come June. I finished five last night, also known as all of the band Hot Chip. So the rest of the week will be Hot Chip Week. Whee!

I went home, had a phone call with mum about stuff. Found out I could activate my phone through my phone, and didn't have to go to a store. So wham bam: my old Samsung from 2005 has now been decommissioned and I've moved onto Dominic's old Samsung, which takes pictures and flips in two different directions! It is really sweet. And not broken! So yup, I've moved on. It takes me a long time to give up a piece of technology, especially if it still barely works.

At 8ish I rode my bike over to Mel's. She was waiting for me on her bike and together we rode to the East Side. I think it was her first bike trip over the bridge. I went at my regular meandering pace, and it was quite a lovely ride. The Lovecraft, a sort of goth bar, was showing the first four episodes of Game of Thrones tonight, We arrived at fifteen till nine, but they didn't start till ten (even though their thingy said 9). So I had a couple brewskies and a salad roll. We chatted and all that fun stuff. We stuck around for two and a third episodes. They really work well in sort of distorted projected resolutions. Mel seemed to like it, despite how weird the show is prone to be.

And we had a nice ride back, all though some guy in a car barked at us. That was startling. Still, we made it home safe and sound. Mel will be a bicyclist yet!

Now I'm going to unwind with an episode of something, get up, and then go teach some kids how to screen print!

Todays Portrait Is: Alexis Taylor (Hot Chip).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a nice way to wind down after so much work. I'm coming home and will be there Thursday - then to Portland!

Dad