hi

hi

Friday, May 20, 2011

gettin' down with the lithographers

Some people on my street are going "WHOOO" and I totally feel it. It is a whoo kinda night.

Ahhh anyway, what happened today? Well I woke up at 9, and was all "what? I feel totally awake and it isn't 1pm in the afternoon". So I got up. Had some toast and Emergen-C. Did my stuff. Went to school. Met with Martin and Kristin. Strategized my approach with my website and promotional stuff. Then I backed up all the stuff I had on the student drive. Six 700 megabyte discs burned with stuff. Two of them were just thesis files. Then I went to Safeway and bought chili fixings. Then I went to Key Bank and closed my account, because I only had that account because it was somewhere to deposit checks without having to send them home to Seabeck. Also they were going to start charging for account inactivity, and since my account was mostly inactive, I might as well close it. Since the check went through, I thought I would take the cash and run. Ha.

Went home. Got the chili cooking. Did the dishes. Chilled out. Did my nails. Did my hair (Heidi braids). Tonight was Paul and Yoshi's going away party at Christy's house. Daniel and Heather gave me and my chili a ride. Daniel was sick so he didn't stay, but Heather did. I was cold at first in the house, but as I got inebriated and ate some of the potluck food, I was warmed up. Printmakers make for excellent company. DeAnn, Diana, Zachary, Heather, Karen, Leah, JD, BT, Mel, Phil, Robin, Anthony, Allison, Christy, Tom, Paul, Yoshi, Beth, Chelsey, Junko, Nell, Antonia...so many awesome people. And so much food! People are really good cooks. I had two plates of food. I knew to pace myself, I didn't want to stuff myself on deliciousness. Eva came with apple pie, and that is my favorite pie. I also sampled a lot of booze. Printmakers know how to get down. Daniel was giving Heather and I a ride back, so that was nice (in exchange for chili, of course). So I talked and mingled and ate and drank and generally had a fantastic time.

Stopped by Heather and Daniels and filled some tupperware for them. Went back to my place. I have just the right amount left over for me tomorrow. I have big plans for tomorrow. I'll let you know them...all though they are secret.

Yeah.

Good night.

Todays Portrait Is: Owen Clarke (Hot Chip).

No comments: