hi

hi

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

little ladies that are most awesome

Oh man, I'm wiped! What a day with so much bike riding. When I calculated the distance, I was quite proud of myself.

Anyway, started the day with a scramble because I needed the energy. And had a salad later. Karen couldn't assist me. Oh well. Went to Fred Meyer and got some sweets and contact paper (which is needed for this silk screen technique).

At 3 I put on my yoga tights and my yoga shirt and stuffed my stuff into a bag and set out for the 5.7 mile one way bike journey to Rock n Roll Girls Camp. First I brought my posters down to school, because I'll be setting up tomorrow morning (bleh). Then I headed over to the way way north east. I listened to Hound of Baskervilles, so that was nice. And actually I made really goodtime. Like super good time. I got to the camp in like, 40 minutes. I was expecting an hours journey. I was sweaty but not totally worn out. I signed some paper work and found out that I was actually being paid for my work! Graciously paid as well. Booyah.

A nice young lady named Margaret was there to help, so I had her help. Got set up just about in time for all the little ladies to show up. There were some young ones and some teens. Some were hyper and some paid attention, but each had an adult of sorts to keep track of them. And some had done the screen printing method before. I just helped and jumped around. Heather is much better, but I think I did alright. No one maimed themselves. The designs turned out really good too. Maybe we were a bit pressed for time with some of the groups. Need to do better with time management. I was still a bit terrified. But it went well. Got out of there at around 6:20. It was a nice ride back, though the first (up hill) stretch was horrible. Then there was a nice large downhill bit. And it was great weather. Sort of staggered around when I got home. Very tired. Had some pasta. Watched Glee. Raising Hope. Now I'm watching Doctor Who. Time to go to sleep. Get up. Haul my table down to school. Haul my screens home. And do another 11.4 mile bike loop to helps some awesome girls silk screen.

Todays Portrait Is: Joe Goddard (Hot Chip).

No comments: