hi

hi

Monday, May 16, 2011

breakfast in the afternoon

Oh boy, lots of work done today.

Slept in, because hey its me. I sleep in. Got showered and did a really really quick portrait. Ate a scramble. Tomorrow I will go food shopping, I'm out of just about everything. Especially breakfast food.

Anyway, got to the studios a bit late. Over the next couple days there are three three hour shift blocks a day, and we have to do two of them (two shifts). I am doing the 1-4 today and the 10-1 tomorrow. I arrived and was assigned blue tape duty. Hurrah! No heavy wall lifting or disassembling! There was a studio that hadn't been emptied yet. Booo! But I got it taped off to the best of my ability. Taped the wall outlets and the stairs and the I beams. Helped Dom and Jon with one of the walls. It went fast. Then I was assigned top of the wall cleaning duty. TOP. OF THE. WALLS. CLEANING. While you can see the tops of one half of the studio sections from the second floor, the other half you can't. Still, I got up real high and cleaned and cleaned. It wasn't quite effective because it wasn't paint so much as plaster, and it didn't so much as clean as just...absorb the dirt. Still, I kept with it till my shift ended.

At a bit after 4, I went to Safeway. There was a shindig of sorts at Phil, Karen, and BT's and it was breakfast food themed. So I picked up some orange juice and doughnuts and headed over to the other side. Ohh so much great food. Mel brought fancy jam. There was bacon. Waffles too! Phil's cousin Erika was there and her boyfriend...something. Forget his name. I mostly just chilled. Beth came. Mel showed me how to do macrame, and I made a bracelet! Mel was making herself a new semi-permanent necklace. She wore her last one for three years and was changing it at this sort of...time of change. I think that is pretty neat. Her new one is looking fantastic. Karen donated a bead to my bracelet, one that she said described me, "colorful and funky". I agree. It is a nice little bracelet. A friendship reminder.

We played Scrabble, though we used words that can't be mentioned in this blog. And spelling most heinous. But it was fun. Then we played Apples to Apples and I WON! Whooo!

At 10pm I went home. Queued up my Game of Thrones and The Borgias and knocked out FIVE PORTRAITS! And damn good ones too. I'm going to add digital color tomorrow during the time between my shift and my meeting with Martin and Kristen.

Todays Portrait Is: Santigold.

No comments: