hi

hi

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

so much got done and I am so very tired

Alarm went off at 8. I rolled out of bed at 9. My new phone has such great alarm settings. I'm done with my new alarm, it was kinda not effective anyway.

Ate scrambled eggs with diced onion and a cuppa tea. Then at 10:30ish I hauled my table down to the studios.

It was a beautiful day and it didn't take as long as I thought it would. Wasn't that painful of a lug and I had Hound of Baskervilles to listen to. Ran into Craig on the way there, chatted a bit. When I got to the studios, a couple people were setting up. I agreed to move my space from a much larger wall to a smaller one next to Kevin and across from Eva. Originally my table had its own wall to rest against and the posters had their own one, but now it is cozier. The straight line of posters wrap around the corner and the table sticks out. I wrote with sharpie on the table "feel free to take one (or some)". I want these posters to be distributed! Hopefully they will be popular at the show. Talked to Nathan a bit on the phone. I was out of there so much earlier than expected. Went to the studios and picked up my screens. Farewell studio, I shant print in you again. For the time being. Swung by the money office and paid my remaining fees. Then I trotted up back home with three screens. Got back at 1pm, which was swell. Gave me time to eat, write up an invoice for my work at the girls camp, and generally relax. My shoulders hurt a lot when I woke up but the pain subsided.

Then at 3:15, I set once once again for the 5+ mile trip to the Rock n Roll Girls Camp. It was warm and lovely. The bridge was up though, but thankfully it came down in a reasonable amount of time. I zoomed up Williams. The distance on Williams from Sacramento to Ainsworth(Allingsworth?) is the one that feels the longest. The straight shot that is mostly gradually uphill that you can't really gauge how far you have to go. Once you turn onto Vanouver it is only about 5 minutes. I got there at 4, perfect! I took down the tees, turned in the invoice so I could get paid (not just volunteer work!!), set up the space, filled the bucket. My helper was...ohh dang I've forgotten her name but she was awesome. We exchanged some cool stories and tricks and stuff.

There were only three bands today: Name, The Minions, and Semi Colon Capital D. The last band was the one who played during the Ladies Rock Camp, and they were so cool. We got into it a little bit late, but some of the bands were ready to go. Name was the first to start cutting out their design, followed by ;D (get it?) and lastly The Minions, who were the last to finish printing. But they had a really cool design, it just had some trouble printing (pressure issues). Name had to flood their screen before printing because the cut out contact paper was really close to the edge. Sometimes I didn't feel totally needed because the girls have done the camp before and knew how to do the stencil, but when it came to problem solving and just being an extra adult to help, my presence was needed. It was fun. I felt a lot more confidant this time around. Clean up took a while, but no hurry. I listened to Name play their song Song, and DAMN THOSE GIRLS ARE AWESOME. So good. I wish I was that awesome when I was a wee one.

Got my lovely check, which I will deposit tomorrow. At 7 I rode home, got home at 7:30. Hydrated. Ate food. Talked to mom. Watched Sherlock. Now I am exhausted so I think I'll go to bed at...WHAT THE, IT IS ELEVEN? That is so early...

Todays Portrait Is: Al Doyle (Hot Chip).

No comments: