hi

hi

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

spooky dusty crinkly potato chip

Abdi won! Yay! He had a really great final piece though I was worried because it felt like they were praising Peregrine's artwork more. Miles produced a good show but it did feel really work in progress.

I voted for Lauren. She did so well on the So You Think You Can Dance finale.

Had leftover cheeseburger bacon pasta for dinner. Mmmm! So good.

Tidied up. Put my art supplies in a plastic tub instead of a box for better transportation. Assembled my new Ikea stool so I can easily reach up for stuff. Technically it isn't a "for standing on" stool but it can support 220 pounds, so I think I'm good for the time being. Just have to be careful. Forget how I filled up the rest of my day. Something.

Saw Lacey's apartment when Karen and I dropped her off after our day trip. Nice little studio. Almost poked her cat with a rod though. Sweet little Murmur.

Karen, Lacey, and I went to Ikea. The average time spent at Ikea is 3-5 hours. Such a big mistake to try and rush it. I saw so many things that I missed: 4.99 tabletop ironing board. Cute 5$ brackets (there were cheaper ones, but these brackets are stylin') with cheap blue shelf boards that almost match my walls. Handy little bathroom container for makeup. Stool. And a couple other things including a cute cut of cloth. It was a good, lengthy trip. 11-2:30 about. Lacey got curtains and rods galore. Karen got some little things and some Christmas gifts for her nieces. It was a long slow wander. Oh I got some tea lights as well and a super discounted holder set. Oh and naturally we started with meatballs and cake. mmmmm!

When I was picked up BT and his friend Liz were in the car. Liz is nice. They were dropped off at Jam and didn't join us. Boo on them. Oh well.

Sluggish start to the day. Knee hurt all the way through along with my ankle.

I need a level to put up my shelves. I'll wait though, I need to organize my books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The nice guy wins! How often does that happen? I thought for sure it would be Miles. Good for Abdi.