hi

hi

Sunday, August 8, 2010

hooties come together!

Awww yeah, got some more boxes unloaded and shifted a few things into boxes to go into storage.

Oatmeal and tea for breakfast. Ma and Pa came over and put up my curtain rod. It looks really nice and during the day, it casts my room in a vivid orange glow. It goes really nice with my blue walls and red wood trim. All in all, the color scheme is really coming along. Nice to be in a place that isn't gray carpet and white walls.

I talked Ma and Pa into staying the day and going to see Odd Owl with me tonight, instead of driving home and seeing them tomorrow in Seattle. So I made Dad take a nap so he'll be well rested in the night. I unpacked and packed and sorted. I think I'm just a couple days away from being settled. It is mostly organization left to do. Organization and putting things in storage. Though it feels every time I turn around there is a little bit more to do. Oh well.

A little later on, I prodded Dad awake and we three went for a little walk up and down 23rd. We looked at 3 Monkeys. There was a Ford Fiesta promotion going on for the new models (that look nothing like our 1978 one...1979?) and they gave us free soda. Ma and Pa went into Lush while I held the soda outside. Ma came out with a bag of goodies. Powders and lotion and a little gift bag for spending a certain amount. I grabbed the lotion massage bar out of the gift bag. Yoink! We stopped at Pizzacatto and got two pizza and salad lunch combos. Mmmm! Then we got cake and cheesecake at Rose Bakery. MMMMMM!!

We returned home and I made mom and dad take a nap. I tooled around on the internet while they dozed. At 6ish they started to wake up and we got ready to go to see Odd Owl (Carmen's band) at The Waypost. I put on my Odd Owl shirt and an owl pendant.

It was a short drive over to the other side, that became elongated when we had to find an ATM. But we found one. Carmen looked adorable, Phil was his same self, and their new bassist was scruffy. Ma got us some root beer and cookies and we settled in. The opening act was a lady guitarist. She was charming and played well. A friend followed her and was also good, though admittedly nervous. But she did fine. Ma bought me a shirt and a CD. Speaking of shirts and CDs, they used my artwork for their second shirt! And added some color for the CD cover! Awesome!

My friend Jon showed up! Yay! He arrived right as Odd Owl started so we didn't get to talk all that much, but he did get to meet my parents. They were great! They had more songs and played some covers and my old favorites. It was lovely and fun and I bopped my head about. Afterwards Mom bought herself a shirt and a CD. Jon left and I hugged Carmen goodbye. Ma and Pa drove me home and off they went into the night. Returning to Seabeck.

I snacked on snacks. Kristen came home. Time to sleep in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new bassist was great! He added so much depth to the Odd Owl sound.