hi

hi

Friday, February 26, 2010

helper

It was raining, but not too heavily. My ride into school wasn't so bad. It was a strictly granola and tea breakfast.

Christy, Robin and myself were the helpers today. It took a lot of setting up and the first color was too light and dried on the screen. My job was to help pull the squeegee and hold the screen upright during prints. It was a lot of back and forth and hoisting using an arm that has no muscle. Still, it was fun work. We had an awesome mix tape and I didn't have to fuss with the registration. A lot of the prints looked good, and some were a tiny bit off, and some were way off or didn't pull right. Still, we got through our pile of a hundred in good time. Robin even pulled a couple with me. I stepped in a glob of red ink but I didn't slip, I just slid. Not fun.

It is a great experience to help an artist in residence print. Something to put on a resume, no matter how short of a time I helped. Type of experience that is good, if I decide to pursue a printing career of sorts.

It was raining more when I departed, thankfully I had my trusty rain pants. Got home. Made myself a big late breakfast. It was awesome.

Loafed away the day. Wasted more than I should have but I had a lot of early mornings. Time to pass out and then be productive for 48 hours.

No comments: