hi

hi

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NOT anita blake

It is nice when long days don't feel long.

Figure drawing: We moved on to longer poses. A couple ten minutes, then fifteen, then a break, then Morgan read to us more from World Lit Only by Fire. Amazing book. Makes me darn tootin' interested in history. We did a forty five minute pose for the grand finale. Long pose. I felt really good about my drawing, though a lot of it was tweaking the lines when really I should have spent the majority of time nailing the proportions. I need better paper to draw on. Bond is crap and does not work well at all with charcoal.

Anthea Black is a printmaker in residence for the next couple weeks. We are helping her with a poster project in conjunction with the Museum of Contemporary Craft...or Oregon College of Arts and Crafts. One of those. So she showed us a slide show of her work and the work it operates in context with. A lot of poster work and the like. Did I mention she is Canadian? She has a totally adorable accent.

Went to student council. Not much happened. Photocopied my sketchbook. For an hour and a half we talked some more about our projects. We are doing a poster project with the potential of wheatpasting it. I am going to do celery, peanut butter, and raisins. Simply because I like it and would rather make work that adds to the scenery than make some poster that people will more than likely just walk past. Very few posters have really made me emotive about causes, so I'm less inclined to do ones of that nature. Not that there isn't great work in poster form.

Oh, forgot to mention that when I first entered class, Palmarin pointed at me, called me by name, and told Anthea that I did the cat print that she liked so much. Great first impression.

During tea time I photocopied the layouts for my next zine (I had pasted them together during the discussion). I also fetched a cat out of my locker, but Palmarin had one left over aside from the one posted in the office, and we agreed to trade that for a poster. The cat print I wanted to trade was I guess too nice or something...

Rest of class was a work period/help Anthea time. I signed up to help her tomorrow before class and Friday morning. Got my next 'zine exposed on my screen. I decided to stay late and print, cutting into my reading time but getting a jump on my projects. It looks really nice. Printed a lot better. I went with blue and red for the colors. The theme was portraits from my sketchbook. I need to sketch more to have enough material to print a third zine.

Karen swooped in and we chatted. And ended up chatting in the commons for about an hour. Daniel showed up as well. Free food was set out and I ate a bit of it. Mmm free food.

It was raining today, and still was when I went home. Not so bad. Watched Lost. Ate dinner. Read depressing book about the slaughter of Native Americans.

No comments: