hi

hi

Thursday, February 25, 2010

bowling!

This will be a week pretty much filled up of 8am mornings. IT SUCKS! Ahh oh my god, can't wait for Saturday morning. On the plus side my health seems to have improved. Barely any snuffles and I haven't coughed in ages. Hurray!

We had two models today. I need to get better paper to do ink on. The newsprint just absorbs ink so I don't get to play so easily. Morgan read to us some more from World Lit Only by Fire. I'll so have to finish this book if he isn't able to by the end of the semester. So fascinating all the debauchery the popes and their bastards get up to.

Oh, I cut my bangs again. They look super cute. I am amazed at how fast they grow out, though this time I didn't wait for them to really get into my eyes.

Today was an all day web site demo. We spent an hour and a half looking at sites and figuring out how to represent ourselves. What we want to say, who we are, how to get traffic. And so on.

Lunch was Safeway microwave food. Sat with Michaela, Dominic, Kristen, and Robin in the library. Oh and Tabitha joined us. Got back right on time. Unfortunately at about forty five minutes into my progress in the quick website template he was having us do...my computer froze. So I turned it off and on. And I got and error message saying that I couldn't be logged in because I was logged in on another computer. I kept trying and got the same error. I waited for a while, because I didn't want to miss the guest teacher's lecture about CSS. Then when I had an opportune moment I went to find a system administrator. He tried logging me out remotely, I thanked him and went back. Still didn't work. So I had my meeting with Martin. He liked my concepts and commented that the steps I took between the stages were good. I had resolved the idea nicely with the icon image. Some of the line work needed tweaking, but in general it was a thumbs up. Went back to the Admin fellow. He fiddled with computer stuff and tried all these different methods and it still refused to let me log in. I said that it wasn't totally pressing today and I'll wait and see, and if it doesn't resolve we will take more extreme measures in the next couple days (not extreme, just backing up all my stuff and restarting my account).

So that sucked. I sat around listening to his lecture anyway. Magically at 3, the problem solved itself. I got my website sorted. It still looks like a hideous template though, but I have an idea for how I would want to construct a professional site. Need a domain name though...

I ended up sticking around till about 5:40 chatting. Then I realized I didn't have to be there anymore and went home. Chomped on a cucumber and then I went to join some people for bowling! PSU has a bowling alley and the Goose Hollow people had rented it out for us and got us pizza and stuff. They even shuttled us there. Robin, JP, Jess, Mariah, Sam, and Alice tagged along. It took a while to get started because the only open lane was totally jammed up. A nice guy gave us his lane when he was finished. It took a while to understand the lanes. They were not really sensitive so we often had to hit reset or send extra balls down the lane to get it going. I got about two strikes, and many gutter balls. Ate pizza, cupcakes, and drank soda and had a generally good little night with pals.

Now I am going to sleep. One more early morning and then I am free!! Free to work really hard on stuff that is due. Next week is a big chunk of stuff to turn in: the figure, illustration, and homeland all have things.

No comments: