hi

hi

Saturday, December 8, 2007

harbinger of elfdom

Got up all nice and not really all that early for the train. Paniced for a second and thought I had slept in but I hadn't. Got all packed and headed off a little after 10:30. Later than I would have liked but still way early.

There was a man in an elf coustume on the max. A premonition for Santa Land Diaries?

The walk from the Max to the train station was quick but it goes through a really dicey area. I think I'll ask mom for cab money so I don't have to walk through that area to the max/street car at 9:30pm tomorrow.

I thought it would be all crowded because of the train delays and closures that happened earlier in the week due to bad weather, but it wasn't. Had 45 minutes before we would even start lining up so I got a good seat and read a little. There was about three nice parent/kid pairs in the station. All of them having fun with their kids and not yelling and trying to get them to fall in line. The dad/son behind me in line were especcially adorable.

The train was delayed about fifteen minutes. Not so bad. I was sitting backwards and no one was next to me, despite having an apparently full train this ride. I listened to music and dosed off (something that has never happened before) and woke up when the play list ran out. Watched the last episode of Nip/Tuck season four and listened to music all the way to Tacoma.

Mum and her friend were there, they had been waiting a while due to my late train. They came bearing fish & chips for me. Whoo! We picked up my bus (uhg) ticket, might as well do it then when we had the time. The lady at Greyhound was lazy not very helpful with the people in front of us and I feel bad for the person put on hold that had probably been calling for a while. So expensive and troublesome to visit home. Bah! They should use some of those thousands of airline miles and just put me up on a plane. Then I'd be classy!

Nodded on an off on the ride home.

Mum, Rubie and I watched Waitress. Not as good as I expected it to be but I loved the idea of a happily-ever-after with just her and her daughter. That was nice. And some of the pies looked dang good! Nathan Fillion was adorable sure but, I dunno. Maybe moms reaction towards the movie altered my own.

And since we were in the mood for Nathan Fillion we put on some Firefly. Mmm such a good show. Was it good that it had its series and movie and was quality or should it have been drug into the ground?

I'm going to take some tapes down to Portland with me. Yay, Red Dwarf!

Lots of travel tomorrow. David Sedaris is worth it!

No comments: