hi

hi

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

it's all over the walls

I originally didn't put much up on my walls because I thought I would be taking everything down in a few months. Now that I know I will be here for a whole 'nother semester I decided to put more things up. I moved some of the things I had in the living room to my room and put up the Cho-Chan designed poster for The Underpants (a show playing at the Gerding Theatre) along with it. I put up some of the cloth hangings my host mother in Japan gave me (never been displayed before). One is above my window, the other on the wall between my desk and my bookshelves, the third is in the hallway. I put up all the art I have been given by friends over the years and some of the movie fliers I nabbed while in Japan. It has a lot more character now and balances out the white wall space around my bed.

All I need to make my life complete is enough room for one more book shelf. Alas I do not have this room (actually, if I moved my bed under the window and stacked my bookshelves on the other wall I might have enough room...I will have to measure this out).

Only went for the free lunch and book binding today. Lunch was delicious. Being an omnivore makes you really in the minority here and thus there is always more food left for seconds if it happens to have chicken in it.

The paper worked well enough for the cover. It won't stand up to much wear, not as much as canvas or fabric would. The paper did make a nicer edge and it was thick enough to not have the glue absorb right through it. A pretty nice little sketchbook. Love to make a larger, thicker one in the near future.

The Holiday Art Sale is all set up in the Commons. I'll be bringing some dollars tomorrow to support the local artists (aka buy tee shirts and that octopus hand puppet).

Deposited my first paycheck today. Huzzah! I now make in a month what I used to make in a week. Goody gumdrops!

My homework is all done for tomorrow. I feel that I am caught up and ready to get down and dirty with my finals.

I don't wanna wake up at 7am tomorrow! This week has been so easy!

No comments: