hi

hi

Sunday, December 2, 2007

on little Ibanez's feet

Posting late because I went out tonight. Out to a movie. The last showing. Again. Well, this time I was with a friend. Michael and I saw The Mist, which is based after a Stephen King novella. Yeah, his books don't interest me in print and their movies are equally disinteresting to me. The ending was devastating but any time they could have touched on the greater morals it just boiled down to black and white, good and evil, live or die, etc. The effects were not as quality as they could/should have been. Acting was okay. Ehh, can't say I would recommend it highly to anyone. It was fun to hang with Michael and chat afterwords at length about stuff.

5/6 of the way done with my paintings. Have several general outlines for where I could take my final comic. Watched some Amelie so I am familiar with how to write my comic (sort of want to work with the styles of character introduction that are present in that movie). Watched some of The Tick when I painted. Watched Mysterious Skin earlier on. The version I had was in Spanish so I had to figure out how to download and attach subtitles to it. Overall, the amount of effort put into getting the subtitles wasn't worth the movie. Really horrible story. As in, the subject matter. I dunno, wasn't in the mood for something that dark. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was of course, amazing but man that movie was heavy. Kind of wish the alien abductions hadn't turned out to just be the mind covering up for emotional trauma.

I think I wasted a lot of time today but by tomorrow I should have my paintings all done and arranged and my official outline and proposal finished. So maybe not so much waste. I'm on track. The comic is my major final project, then comes the website (which is more the process of gathering things than producing), then a collage which will come after the painting. I think that is it. Oh and the piece of architecture write up. What happened to my list of things to do. Dang.

I hear it is snowing in Washington. Ha ha, it is just really cold down here!

No comments: