hi

hi

Saturday, December 1, 2007

shut up and eat your sandwich

Taking it real easy today. My weekend will be filled with comics and proposal writing and the like. But comics are awesome.

Work went fast. My yellow broom was missing so I couldn't do as good of a job sweeping as I would have liked.

Teresa and Jason asked if I am going to show up for their thesis discussions. Well, Jason didn't so much as as tell me to drink coffee and be there. I told him I don't drink coffee so he said to just be there. The nice lady who shows up to movie night now and again also asked me to be at her proposal. I shall be there for all three of them. But beyond them and the bookbinding instructional activity I'm going to spend the open time working. Probably.

Craig gave me an airhead candy today. Nice guy. Andy and Nicole are having a dual show that is opening this First Thursday. Uhg, supporting friends is such a bother!

Movie night was Brick and a Jackson Pollack movie. Brick is still awesome the second time around. The iMac had problems playing the DVD and it paused at some of the worst moments. I wish more movies were like this. I didn't stick around for the second movie. Actually, no one did so Jack didn't play it.

Went home. Brandon is staying over tonight so I wanted to leave him and Lindsay alone so I went and caught the late showing of Hitman at the 7$ movie theatre (7$ all day, strange how that is now a deal). I said to the guy who bought his ticket before me, "A great night for a bad movie." We got to talking about how sometimes you just need a ridiculous action flick and he asked if he could sit next to me and I said sure. We chatted about movies and like Beowulf, this was a movie that you really have to see with someone you can make jokes about it with. Hitman was absolutely ridiculous. In a fun way. A few cool fight scenes, nothing really epic. Some nice visuals (namely the visuals of Timothy Olyphant). No one cheesy one liners but lots of (maybe intentional) silly lines. Olyphant was so good in Live Free or Die Hard, I wonder how he suddenly became so wooden in this role. From what I remember of Nathan playing the original video game, the film did carry over a lot of those elements. Hallway walking, clothes stealing, stealthy killing, etc. Oh, it also carried over the footage from Dark Angel for the opening sequence. Not "inspired by" the footage of the kids in the compound from Dark Angel, THE footage of the kids. Did they really think no one would notice that?

Work and two movies. Very relaxing. Now I have to get on the ball!

No comments: