hi

hi

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

choco found!

I don't feel all that well so I don't think I will be painting tonight. I don't think it is really due tomorrow (the 2D assignment) and if it is I will just turn it in late. I doubt anyone is ready, even Nell who has been working nonstop.

Not sure if I'm sick or I feel ill just because I haven't eaten that much today. Or other stuff. At least I should get a good rest tonight.

Yesterday we got a note from the Goose Hollow people that our sprinkler has been fixed. We still keep the trashbin there, just in case. We have been fooled before.

Also as it turns out I am stuck in Goose Hollow for another semester because I signed something along the way that keeps me here a full academic year. DAMN! Well, I keep the same room so that isn't so bad. And no worries about moving about during Winter Break.

Finished up my digital tools photoshop thing. I find it silly but Gordon says, "That gets more awesome every time I see it." I printed it out but the printer is a piece of haggis so it ended up being really blue and saturated funky.

Drawing we "activated" the page with red conte. My last drawing I felt was a big mess. Charcoal rubbed off all over my pretty turquoise top that Rubie gave me for my going-away party. It will wash out.

I was very fashionable today. Wore my wellies and black skinny leg jeans and I had my stripey leg warmers over the jeans and they peaked out from my wellies. Wore the turquoise top under my fine checkered asymmetrical zippered jacket and all that under my black pea coat. Color and pattern against black. Very awesome. The heat that came up from my toasty toes kept me snug all day.

Yesterday I rode my bike home through the rain and I had forgot my gloves that day so I was five kinds of numb when I finally got home. I'm overdressing so I don't catch a chill. I can't afford to be sick right now. Or ever.

Riding home I was very tired so I stopped for a quick breath a little past Burnside on 13th. I was looking around and noticed across the street from me sandwiched between American Apparell and a construction site...A chocolatier! With drinking chocolate! And other fine pieces of tasty morsels. I needed a rest so I locked my bike and went in. The people insider were really nice and the accented (French or Spanish, I couldn't tell) guy behind the counter gave me a great overview of all the chocolates on display (oh dear God, the beauty). I ordered a shot of drinking chocolate and read a little. The little 6 oz. (well 4-8 oz., I am not a good judge of volume) shot was intense, so strong and delicious and thick and flavorful. I couldn't imagine getting a regular size. I looked around the shop some more and asked for some milk chocolate recommendations and he pointed me towards this Goji Berry + Pink Himalayan Salt + Deep Milk Chocolate concoction. Oh dear he shouldn't have given me that free taste. Yeah. Something for a special day.

But that was so cool, I found a chocolate shop that I pass by every day. I think I'll revisit with just book and a couple bucks for some drinking chocolate.

No comments: