hi

hi

Thursday, November 29, 2007

aww darn you math

I got a 53.5% on my math exam. Yup. I'll be taking math during the summer or something. Oh well. At least I wasn't close to passing, then I would just delay taking math for ever and ever till I do eventually pass it.

Digital tools, the critique was very kind. A few pieces really sat weird in the whole thing, but overall it worked. We are moving on to a web site next/for our final. It is using iWeb, which Gordon said makes pretty dull looking results and it is next to useless. So yeah...why are we using it? I don't know. I made my project proposal about using the extra project towards making a nice print out of my Time Arts comic but he said he didn't want us to double-dip the project. That is really lame. So much work to do a whole new extra piece in a couple weeks on top of all the required work. Bleh! I'm going to have (should have) a busy weekend ahead of me.

We critiqued and posted our "activated conte" pictures from last class. I dunno, mine still seems like a big mess with big feet.

Kate was our model for today. I had her during my pre-college PNCA program. Ohhh she is so horrible, I don't know why the school continues to hire her. She kept nodding off during her long, hour pose. Her head would bob up and down and her leg slowly shifted downwards. She was holding a can in her hand that I was trying to draw and that moved all over the place. Just really bad. And she crawled all around while we were doing shorter studies of her and that was rather disturbing. Lindsay had her as well and she fell fully asleep and farted in Lindsay's direction. But my drawing looks good, so I am conflicted.

Student council had mac&cheese and the usual salad. Tasty. It was in 205 for some reason and they didn't have any folding chairs so I was stuck on a stool, looming over everyone. Sad to see the current leader of the council leave, he has been really nice. He always says hi and chats me up when he sees me in the studios. Diana might step up and fill his shoes. Shes mature and commanding. She can do it.

After drawing I had talked with Jim about meeting up and showing him how to sew on the schools machines (he has to sew something for a drawing project). The machine was broken so I just invited him over (to my place) to show him how to do it by hand. Okay I'm not the best sewing person, but it was good enough. We chatted about comics and half-watched some stuff on tv while sewing and painting. Got some pizza (chicken + feta cheese) from Bellagio's for dinner (3$ Goose Hollow discount, whoo!). Lots of fun, glad Jim could hang out. He is a busy dude.

I have a splitting headache. Work tomorrow. Trying to sign up for a bookbinding class.

No comments: