hi

hi

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

pretty creepy

Eeeee!! Diana has ball jointed dolls and she let me touch them! Eeee!!!

Managed to get up and get to school for Teresa's presentation. It was okay. Nothing up my alley but I was there to be like "raawr you rock!" The paintings were cool, were they thesis grade study and work? I dunno. Maybe for any large, layered and time consuming piece a lot of research would be needed as opposed to something a little more free.

Hung around and didn't go to any more lectures. Got my tickets for my journey home to see David Sedaris this weekend. Yaay! Hear it is all washed out in Washington, but I think it should be sorted out come weekend. Train up, bus down. It will all work out, I am sure.

Got my paintings in for 2D and my portfolio in for Drawing.

Bookbinding was fun. Asked everyone the all important question of "If you were to name your kid after a place you wanted to visit, what would the name be?" Rainbow said "Bathroom", Leah said "Everywhere". Bath and Every would make decent shortened names. I'm so looking forward to the art that I do in this sketchbook.

After that I helped Diana bring her stuff home from school (she had a lot of stuff to lug and I have my wicked bike baskets). She lives around Burnside so it wasn't out of the way for me. She has a really sweet apartment. It has beautiful natural wall colors, lots of space, a bath, a view. Really sweet. We hung about, gossiped, looked at bad tattoos online, praised ourselves for being so mature, talked about art and then she whipped out her BJD's!!

Ball Jointed Dolls are really pretty (over priced and sometimes creepy) dolls from Asia (mostly Korea and Japan). Only one was finished (had its face painted) and we assembled and dressed him up. Diana was thrilled at the result as she never really liked that one before (I don't know why, he was gorgeous). The other one didn't have any clothes that fit him and the female one wasn't ready to be put together. Hopefully my visit and hanging out will encourage her to put the rest of them together and paint them. That would be marvelous.

Nice and easy ride home. Need to hang out at other peoples more often.

Tomorrow I am just doing the book binding and that is it. Need to sit down and do all the stuff that needs doing.

No comments: