hi

hi

Thursday, December 6, 2007

mint & basil

Today I did some serious baking and blending. For breakfast I had a chocolate milk shake (I needed the sugar, what?) and for dinner I made Basil-Cheese Triangles. The milk shake was delicious and the Oster blender worked perfectly.

I bought the Feta Cheese and Basil for the Triangles yesterday but had no luck finding the phyllo dough at Safeway. They didn't have it at Trader Joe's either (not great in the selection department there either) but they had this artisan pastry stuff that could potentially work. And it did! It broke a little during its travels but it worked out. Lathered butter on those puppies and wrapped it around the feta/egg/basil bits. Cooked up real good, all flakey and warm with delicious gooey centers. Mmm mmm MMM! Now I'm all buttered out. Whoo!! Like to learn how to make it with phyllo dough. I have some of the feta stuff left over, probably will use it for scrambled eggs in the morning.

Well, today was back to school and back to work officially. My website is coming together though the tools for building it are painfully boring to use. iWeb? Bleeh! Stuck in some Hitchhikers quotes. Will add more art with it. Just really stale. About four people were missing from class, guess they didn't get the "class returns Thursday" memo.

Bought a mint green cropped jumper and one of Nicole's prints from the Holiday Art Sale that is going on at school right now. Lots of great art, even more over priced and "ehh I don't really like it" feeling pieces being sold. Nothing grabbed my eye on the first couple of sort throughs. I had my budget and I didn't go over it. I actually ended up with four things so that was really sweet! Three things on my wall, one in my closet. Bought the jumper and print during the Digital Tools/Drawing break.

In Drawing we drew chairs. We drew one from many angles, sometimes with some fabric on it. That was the first segment. The second was a set up with three chairs entwined with one another in front of a cloth backdrop with a sad-looking mannequin. My drawing was sorta messy. I also was really bored and frustrated with the arrangement. We go model model model model CHAIR STUDY model model model. But it must be said my general technical ability is increasing.

Student Council had pizza, what a gyp!

For the last part of lunch I spent the rest of my Holiday Art Sale budget. Bought one of BT's prints and this photo of a guy with a Mohawk and his eyes closed. The photo really spoke to me and I don't know why. I really love it, it has a nice high proud position on my wall. All of my newly acquired art does. Love it!

Swung by Trader Joe's and relaxed at home for a few hours before heading down to PNCA again for First Thursday. I just wanted to see Nicole and Andy at their show and hang about a bit. Not feeling up for the usual run about.

Nicole and Andy's show looks amazing. Their collaboration really came together. Andy said it was all right to take a few of the pictures hanging on the wall (it is a crazy variety going on, all pinned and hanging and stuff. We can also rearrange them if we'd like). I will take him up on it when I have a folder with me in which to safely store some of the work. I know which of his work I'd like to put next to my Mohawk guy.

Chatted with some people and went back home. Made the delicious squares and watched the trailer for the live action Speed Racer movie. It looks...fun. I'm not sure, might go see it. Hard to say.

No comments: