hi

hi

Monday, December 3, 2007

in a bind (that was a really bad pun)

There were rain showers all day and I had to bike in them. My wellies kept the bottom part dry, but I had two large wet patches on the thigh part of my pants. Just as soon as they were dry and I was warm and comfortable it was time to go home. Need me some rain pants. I'll make them fashionable.

My alarm went off at 7:10 and I turned it off when it went off. Then I woke up at 9:00, right when Jason's thing was supposed to start. I decided to just sleep and miss it and apologize when I saw him next. It is really nice taking a lazy start to the day on a Monday when you don't have to be anywhere in a hurry. I got to school around 12:45, in time for the free lunch. Grabbed a sandwich and sat and chatted with Jim and Matt. Said toodles around 1:15 and met with Diana who was going to the same bookbinding lecture as I. Fun!

Good thing I got there at 1:15 as that was when the bookbinding thing actually started. Sean was late and didn't get one of the official sewing things. He used a frame instead and mooched supplies so most of us only had five signature books, instead of six. The book went together pretty smoothly. I'm excited for tomorrow. More learning about binding!

After the session, Diana and I braved the rain and went to Oblation to look at paper for our sketchbook covers. They didn't have the lobster print I desired so I went with this cool aqua and silver chandelier print instead.

Diana was going to hang around for Justin Bland's thesis, which was orchestrating this Gingerblaze festival thing that she took part of. Her Marie Antoinette gingerbread sculpture is the bomb. I hung around and talked to people just long enough for it to turn dark for my return.

I watched Jan Svankmajer's Alice. I thought it was supposed to be scary but it ended up being more surreal and some of the scenes went really long. Some excellent stop motion but overall kinda "uhh, whatever."

Heroes had a pretty great little round up. Adam in the coffin, Nathan Petrelli shot..uhm. Well I guess that was it? A little lack-luster I guess. Sylar is still badass, but uhg why couldn't they have just gotten rid of Maya. Really annoying and pretty much useless. I think Nathan's shooting was more of a warning to those coming out on television about their powers and less of a killing off of his character. Nikki is probably dead, but I never really cared for her character.

Tomorrow I will defiantly get up early for Teresa's lecture. And Mia is added to the "to check out" list.

No comments: