hi

hi

Sunday, December 9, 2007

David Not Delivered

Mom and Celia missed the punctuation in the show title. What we thought to be “David Sedaris reads Santaland Diaries” was really “David Sedaris’ Santaland Diaries and Other Stories.” There was not David Sedaris reading. Should have figured. Why would he be in Tacoma doing multiple readings during this busy time? So that sucked. Royally and hardly. The two man performance was cute but overacted and that always annoys me. Christmas Means Giving has never been a short that I liked so I was anti-thrilled when it was performed. The guy performing as David looked like Quentin Tarantino. He did convey some of the moods but his acting prowess was underwritten by his over exaggeration. Nothing can compare to the real thing. Some day, I will see and hear the real thing.

But this… This was not worth the six hours worth of travel.

And also this kid spit apple on me on the bus. And smelled like he needed a diaper change. Cry cry cry. Remember how I mentioned the sweet train riding kids? Hah. Yeah.

Michael picked me up from the train. Back home safe and sound. But uhg. What kind of parent allows a little kid to spit apple. Repeatedly? Bleeh!

No comments: