hi

hi

Saturday, September 1, 2012

out and about, and then back, and then woosh out and about again! twice! in one night!

Just got back from the Del Mar. Went to see a midnight showing of Super Troopers with this guy Ryan, who I met on that site with the people on it that isn't Facebook. We met a bit before hand and walked around downtown and he pointed out this and that. He has been in Santa Cruz most of his life, so he knows whats up. There are midnight showings every Friday and Saturday, so I think I should make regular appearances and get in with the locals and make friends. There were two Taylors and an Adam who sat behind us and they were chatty and nice. The movie was pretty silly. A good thing to watch late at night.

My shift at work today was a short one. Caught shirts. Broke down the press (a term for removing all the squeegees, floodbars, and screens), set up the next job, caught and boxed that. Cleaned the squeegees and floodbars, removed the tape and scraped the ink from the screens. I left them to be cleaned on Tuesday. Three day weekend!

For dinner I met up with Daniel, one of the guys from the Monday night game group. We met at Betty's, though we both showed up at DIFFERENT Betty's. Oooops. He is really nice. We showed each other our sketches, talked about language and Japan and tactics for making friends in a new city.

I accidentally took Seabright back (on my bike) instead of Murray, but I know Seabright runs parallel to Ocean, so all I had to do was turn left on Broadway and that intersects with Ocean and zoom I was home. It wasn't that far out of the way. Glad to know I know how to get around a bit.

The late night movie wasn't planned till after dinner. It was a nice impromptu thing.

I still want to see Cosmopolis and Lawless.

No comments: