hi

hi

Sunday, August 26, 2012

what I hinted at yesterday is...

Okie dokie. Soooo. I decided to give online dating a try. All though more for the meeting people/getting out of the house and checking out the area aspect of it than the finding someone to date part. Went with OkCupid because it is free, and if Carmen met Josh on it, then there should be some really awesome people? Anyway. I have good instincts and know how it goes: meet first in a public space, let someone know where you are going, set a good end time. Among other cautious things.

So today I hung out with Amir in the Stanford Library. Amir is a TA for the English program at said fancy college, and is starting work on his dissertation. Smart stuff. And he showed me the tea cupboard, and let me have as much tea as I wanted. I only had one cup, but I could have had two. It was a beautiful day, and we walked around the campus and talked about books and perception and travel and linguistics and all sorts of topics.

Not a bad little meeting, not a bad one at all.

Afterwards I went to Redwood City and hung out with Nathan. Ate a burrito, drank soda, talked video games, saw what my painting looks like matted and framed (it looks GOOOOOD), and watched an episode of Breaking Bad.

All in all, a pretty good Sunday. Now I await Breaking Bad.

Tomorrow I start work a bit later, so an extra sleep in day is nice.

No comments: