hi

hi

Monday, August 27, 2012

game on!

Guess who was social tonight? I was social tonight! But thanks to a different website. On the Santa Cruz sub-forum on Reddit, someone posted about things to do and ways to meet people, and someone mentioned a board game group that meets at Woodstock's Pizza every Monday, and lo and behold, Woodstock's is a quick bike ride from my house. So I decided, provided I got out of work not exhausted or too later, to check it out.

I worked a three hour shift today. Just clean up and reclaiming, and it started late.Very mellow. After work I washed my car, and now it looks quite pretty. It was getting a bit pollen-y.

So yeah. I rode my bike over to the pizza place. First time riding my bike in this city. Not two minutes was I out before someone said, "I like your helmet." Polka dots win again. There is a bike path along the river, which keeps one off San Lorenzo, which is nice. Really easy bike ride. Not really anything in the way of hills.

Oh, in regards to the cable bike lock (responding to Dad's phone message in my blog instead of calling). You could mail me another care package, or put it in Nathan's luggage when he visits. Either way.

Anyway, back to today's narrative. The table of gamers was obvious, mostly on account of the games they were setting up. There was Alan, Andy, Jeff, Jim, Chris, Daniel, and Kathleen. Boom, remembered their names. We split into two groups. Daniel, Andy, Alan and I played Evo, while the others played some other game that I've forgotten the name of. Evo is this sort of complicated dinosaur evolution thingy thing. It was fun and I won! I had a lot of dinosaurs on the board during game play, so I got a lot of gold from that. We played Seven Civilizations next, at least I think that is what it is called. I came in last. Still, it was fun. I like these sorts of games, though they take a lot of instruction. But now I know two games! And if I have the time, I'll be back next Monday. Everyone was really nice and welcoming, and the pizza was good (feta and chicken, my usual pizza order).

Rode my bike back. A really easy ride too. What a nice night! I'm being social! Yaaaay!

No comments: