hi

hi

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Santa Cruzian

Saturday

Slept in. Needed a good sleep in. Still, I got up at around 10. Odd how that seems late, when just a few months ago that would be early. Funny how things like that change.

A lot changed this weekend.

Anyway. Had a big egg and meat sandwich for a late breakfast. Relaxed. Finished watching Thor. Relaxed some more. I helped make dinner. Cut up the strawberries and tomatoes for the salsa, and made the marinade for the salmon. We played some yahtzee while the salmon marinated. Phil came over with nice beers, and we ate grilled salmon with tasty salsa and drank beers and chatted. It was lovely! A great last night in San Francisco.

Sunday

Slept in, though I should have tried harder to get an earlier start on the day. Did laundry. Packed up my things. Put my things in my car. Cleaned the floors, cleaned the sheets, did a little drawing for the new Odd Owl single (just a little owl in a spaceship for the CD, nothing too fancy). Everything got packed up and before I knew it, it was time to hug the amazing, kind, awesome Carmen & Josh goodbye.

They really are wonderful amazing people. Their kindness, and generosity, and all their everything! They gave me the time and living space, and because of that I was able to find a job in my field, and to get settled, and all this wonderful things. I wouldn't be here if not for them. Words can't express my gratitude.

I drove to Redwood City, which seemed a really quick drive now. Packed up the rest of my things into Nathan's car (I left some peripherals there). He loaded up my bike. And off we went to Santa Cruz! He arrived just a little bit before me. We quickly unloaded everything and then puttered off to Bed Bath and Beyond to try and find a bedding solution (unfortunately the Target won't be open till July 29th or around there, boo!). Got a fan, a mattress pad, some pillows, and a towel. Hurray! I'll get some curtains tomorrow, because I don't have curtains. I have some cloth draped, but it doesn't quite cover it all.

I sorted my stuff out a bit more. Hung some clothes. Nate & I got burgers for dinner. Yum yum! Then I said goodbye to Nathan, and settled into my room some more. Janet came home, and Joey the doggie came up to say hi (and smell my room). The leftover burger will be lunch tomorrow. I think I'll come in at 10? Set my alarm for 8...though that seems early. Ah, well, 8 is good! I like not being rushed in the morning. I need to figure out how long my commute will be. Or rather how short it will be. Yay! Short commute! And I have evenings once again!

My life has entered another stage. Graduated High School? Check! Got accepted to college? Check! Graduated from college? Check! Moved in with parents, got supplemental education, motorhomed around a bit? Check! Moved out of parents? Check! Found job? Check! Found place to live and moved into it? Check!

What comes next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your new space. It looks bright with plenty of room. Could you take some pics of the outside of the house and the neighborhood so I can get the big picture? love you lots & so proud. hugs, mum