hi

hi

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Sweetness

I was walking home after seeing a movie, and I started thinking about the route I was taking, and how it was the first time I walked that route (down Barson, across the bridge, onto and up Pacific), and how it will likely be a route I take many times, with different people, maybe sometimes on my bike. And how I was returning home, to the place that I live, and how this is the start and who knows how long I will be here? Surely I won't be here forever, but for how long? A year? Several years? I've always segmented my life. My highschool segment, my community college/library working segment, my college segment, my living with parents segment, my looking for work segment, this is my working & proper living on my own segment. It's sort of amazing! But it does sometimes get in my headspace, but in a positive way. A sort of looking at myself from outside of myself way. Recognizing where I am, and where I've come from, and how much I've grown, and how much I have yet to grow, and how much I don't actually have to grow because damn I love candy.

It's a nice feeling, walking home as the sun goes down on a city that doesn't feel big. Being near the ocean, being near the trees. It's a nice place to be. I need to go down to the ocean, figure out THAT route.

Work, it was a shorter day, but since the commute is shorter, that works for me! Printed some sleeves, cleaned some screens, cleaned some squeegees, emptied some trash (Tuesday is trash day), listened to The Night Circus. That book seems to be reaching a climax. It's pretty good. On a definite magic kick right now. Speaking of which, I bought Shadow of Night! The sequel (or rather second in a trilogy) to A Discovery of Witches. That is what I did after work, I walked to Logos and got the book (took a bit of searching as they don't have an apparent new section, and the title was sorted with the regular fiction, though in a clear plastic book protector jacket thingy, which is nice). At Logos (the downtown bookstore, that I went to when I came down for the job interview) they had a free screening pass for The Intouchables, which was playing that night and in fifteen minutes at the Nickelodeon (there are two theaters within walking distance of my place: the Nickelodeon and the Del Mar, I heard there might be a third as well). So I scooped up that pass and went to see a movie! It was crowded, but filled with enthusiastic movie goers. We guffawed and clapped and laughed and were touched. It was an absolutely great movie. Hilarious, beautiful, touching but in a good way, not a lame way. Very sweet. I highly recommend it.

Pretty good day. Work, film, and now I have something lovely to read! Can't buy any more books till I finish a few though. For sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Nice.