hi

hi

Sunday, June 3, 2012

there were nuns in the park, their habits being tussled by the wind

Boy howdy, I'm tired! Did a lot of biking. Miles and miles of biking. But I did it, go me! But why was I biking, you ask? Well, I'll tell you!

But first: I got a haircut! Carmen cut my hair for me, after she cut Josh's hair. She took off quite a few inches and I decided to go back to bangs, and now I have an awesome new 'do. Love it.

I finished up the croissants I bought yesterday, and had some tea, and made a quick trip to the ATM because I don't know where is and isn't cash only, and it sucks to have no cash at a cash only place, and the ATM down the street has a cheap useage fee. Anyway. Did that, then I hopped on my bike and went to see Finn, my lovely friend Finn, for lunch & movie. I cruised down to 9th and into Golden Gate Park, and up to the Panhandle, and then to McAllister, then it was all downhill to Polk, and then a bit uphill to Eddy and then boom, I was at Brenda's! I put our name on the reservation board (chalk board system, very efficient) and in five minutes, Finn arrived. We hugged and chatted and were seated in about 15 minutes. We started with crayfish beignets, and they were perfectly spicy and lovely. They were so good, I had to text my dad about them. I followed that up with eggs benedict with molasses ham and hash browns. AHhh soooo good. I managed to finish the eggs, ham, and biscuits, but only got half way through the hash. A magnificent meal, and great company. Haven't seen Finn in over a year, but we always pick up right where we left off.

After consuming our brunch, we walked up to Japantown and wandered in the mall a little bit. The 4pm showing was sold out, so we got tickets for the 4:45 (there was even assigned seating in the theater, so we got to pick where we sat, and didn't even have to worry about sitting down early to claim our spots because of it, I like this system!). We grabbed a beer in the theater bar, and I drew in my sketchbook and we chatted some more, and everything was wonderful.

Moonrise Kingdom, the new Wes Anderson film, was absolutely adorable. I love his style of film making. Nice steady shots, lots of color, great costumes, many characters, and just all around quality. I feel that the first half of it was much stronger, but was all around pretty good. Life Aquatic will always be my favorite though. Everyone has their favorite Wes Anderson, and that one is mine. Moonrise Kingdom is around number 3 or 4. Mmmhmm.

We walked down the street a bit, and parted ways with a hug. The way back was up some hills, which I walked my bike up, because I'm just not at that level yet. I got a bit turned around trying to find my way to the Panhandle, but some ladies directed me in the right direction. Thanks nice ladies! I stopped frequently on the way back. And I overshot the left turn in Golden Gate Park and had to back track. But I got back. It was a meandering way back, but I got there without too much overshooting.

Now I am relaxing while Game of Thrones queues up. Once that is available, I'm heading to Redwood City. It will be a late night, but it is a tradition. I have to watch it with Nathan. I have to! So I'll probably edit this blog when I get back, but I may not. Anyway, yay! Lovely day.


12:39am edit:

Had a good drive to Redwood City. I stopped and filled up my tank. The Prius has officially rolled over to 200k miles. The finale of Game of Thrones was a bit underwhelming. Last episode was so intense, hard to follow it up. Anyway, lots of good set ups for next season, which should be GREAT. Shit is really going to hit the fan in so many plots. Ahhh great. We watched a bit of Luther, but it was getting late, so I headed home. Not many cars on the road at Midnight on a Sunday. I have to remember to get up and move my car because of the street cleaning. First and third Monday's on this street. Yup yup. Sucks though, because I got a really good parking spot. I hope it will still be there when I have to move it back. If not, oh well.

No comments: