hi

hi

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trill loves S.C.

Ohhh I'm tired. Long day. I need to get used to driving, because if I get the job I interviewed for today, I have a bit of commuting I'll have to do before I can get relocated to Santa Cruz.

So. About that job. We'll get right to it, shall we?

I feel really good about the interview. We had a good chatterly manner about things. I pumped up my skills in a good, honest way. And we had a good dialogue. I didn't feel all that nervous, compared to the two previous interviews I've had. I was honest about my skill levels, and asked what I think are good questions, and my enthusiasm was genuine. The shop does commercial screen printing and has a nine arm automatic press. SO HUGE AND COOL! Anyway. I feel good about it. It was a good environment, and Chris, the bossman, was really nice. He complimented my tattoos (he had full sleeves) so that was a good impression maker.

The shop is in a garage down a winding road, just north of Santa Cruz. Pretty cool little place. An hour and twenty minute drive from San Francisco, which is long but not unfathomable in the short term. I'll hear back sometime between Monday and Wednesday. I really want this job. It's perfect for me. If I get it, I'll be probationary to start, and hopefully they'll keep me on. So much hope!

I had a good morning. Had toast and egg. Left at 11:30. Stopped at a Starbucks on the way down and got a treat. Got to the shop right on time. Had my interview, which lasted about an hour, which gives me a good feeling. Then I drove further down into Santa Cruz and had lunch at Cafe Delmarette in the sort of downtown area. I people watched and read City of Thieves and thoroughly enjoyed my sandwich. I crossed the street into the used bookstore and perused the stacks. Picked up a William Morris collection. His sort of Marxist writings, not his artwork. It was on sale, and it seemed to have to do with creativity. Always good to get different points of view?

Then my meter was running out, so I drove to Lighthouse Beach and sat on a bench and soaked up the sun and finished City of Thieves. It was a good book. Had some great turns of phrase. Maybe not totally great, but I enjoyed the characters. Now that I've finished a book, I can start another one! That science fiction time traveller book! Yay!

I drove back, and returned before the sun set. Now I'm chilling out and feeling pretty good about today.

And also feeling tired.

No comments: