hi

hi

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Monster & Creator

Got up nice and early. Showered. I think my hair is a bit longer on one side than the other. Ah, oh well.

Had a nice eggy breakfast, though now I've eaten so many of Carmen & Josh's eggs, that I have to replace them, which I did, same brand too so as not to be that type of person that replaces consumed food with lesser food. And theirs were getting a bit close to expiration date. I don't think they are that big of egg eaters. I am though. Yum yum eggs.

When I opened up my email to print out my Frankenstein tickets, there was an email response for a job I applied for! A Santa Cruz screen printing job! A couple email exchanges later and I have an interview tomorrow! AHHH!! I finally got one! An interview for a place I applied for. Holy cow! Here is hoping it goes super well. I don't want to talk too much about it, so as to avoid any kind of jinx. Still. YAY! AHHH!!!

I had a Vietnamese sandwich for lunch, and treated myself to some buns to eat later on. At 4:15ish, I packed up and headed off to Redwood City. I left plenty of time because I knew there would be traffic, but it never got to a stand still, which was nice. I started listening to Stephen King's 11/22/63. I really like his work in audiobook form. Something about the way he writes, I enjoy more when it is read to me.

I did some food shopping at Trader Joe's and dropped it off at Nate's apartment, and then pretty soon it was time to walk down the street to partake in the enjoyment of Frankenstein! AHHH!! I've waited so long for this, and have been so excited for it. The audience was surprisingly older, like more theater goers than Sherlock fans (though I could spy a few). I chatted with the guy behind me, Carlos, about the book and tattoos, and then it was time for the show to start.

And oh it was good. The set design and lighting were amazing. It was creative and not quite minimal, but not quite detailed. Danny Boyle was amazing. Benedict Cumberbatch as the creature was amazing. He acts all the way through to his toes. They actually had the creature be intelligent, instead of just some silent monster, which was awesome. Great script. Johnny Lee Miller was great as Doctor Frankenstein. The cool thing about the show is that the two actors reverse their roles, so tomorrow there is a showing with Miller as the monster, but that is a bit much for me to do two nights in a row. I'm happy I saw the version I did. Oh what a version. Wish I could have seen it live on stage, that would have been awesome.

Afterwards, Carlos asked me out for a beer, and I said sure, so we had a beer at Milagros and talked about nerdy things like comics and books and art. He was a nice fellow. I said my goodbyes and went back to Nathan's. Nate came home, and we chatted a bit, but I left shortly after his return. It was late and all that. And I'll see him Saturday for Prometheus.

I hope tomorrow goes well.

My blog has tracked so much, and so many events, and so much growth and change. I wonder how long I'll keep it going? I don't have the biggest readership, but I think I do a lot of it mostly for myself. To keep track of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We appreciate your blog. The way you write your critique of the movie reminds us about your other skills - you are a good writer too.

M&D