hi

hi

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

in a gilded frame

Ohhh my eyes are bugging out. I spent the late afternoon and night working on this painting, the nature of which I can't disclose because it is a present. Still, it looks really cool. I'm proud of myself, and the recipient better damn well like it! I don't think they read my blog...

Anyway.

Got up a bit earlier. Washed my sheets and pillowcases. Had a bagely breakfast with tea. In the afternoon, I rode the bike up to the Richmond District to run some errands. I got meandering in Golden Gate Park, AGAIN. I just can't get through that place in the proper direction/turns at all. Anyway. Got out all right in the end. Up 8th, down Cor...something, turn on 20th. Bought a sweet frame, which was on sale, to put art into (art which I made after I bought the frame). Then I breezed down to Green Apple Books. The wind was at my back, which helped with the hills. I bought a short story anthology and How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe, because if you title a book that, I can't help but buy it. Damn that smart author knowing his nerdy sci fi market! I'm excited to read it, but I will finish City of Thieves first, as per my "don't start anything till you finish something you are in the middle of" rule. I want to actively finish more books. Anthologies don't quite count, because those are short stories and those can be read whenever.

I rode back, and got sidetracked in Golden Gate Park. Of course.

Had a fried egg and turkey sandwich for a late lunch, and snacked through the rest of the day.

Carmen is gone, did I mention that? I think I did.

Today was devoted to personal pursuits. Tomorrow afternoon will be devoted to joby job pursuits...until I leave for Redwood City because AHHH OH MY GOD I SEE FRANKENSTEIN TOMORROW! AHHH!! FINALLY!

Also, this is blog post 1900. Pretty big number!

No comments: