hi

hi

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Adam vs Annie

Drove down to Santa Cruz to look at apartments. I don't really like doing extra drives, but it was good to look at apartments when I'm not fresh out of work. Also good to roam the area a bit. One thing I've noticed is everywhere in Santa Cruz seems to take 5 minutes. And I'm getting a hang of certain streets, like Ocean, without having spent much time driving there. I think it is just the right size for me.

I'm looking at two more apartments, one on Monday and one on Tuesday (well rooms in houses, not apartments) but I think by then I'll have made my choice.

The first place I went to was Scotty and Adam, and their dog Pumpkin's place. It was nicely sized with plenty of common shared space and a nicely sized bedroom. I'd have my own bathroom as well, which is swell. It had a good atmosphere, was in a nice location that was near to a lot of places. I only met Adam, but he was really nice and we seemed to get on well, and we had common interests. And the dog Pumpkin was totally sweet. I like that place and when the day was done, I called Adam to say that if they were willing, I was willing, but that I had a couple more places to look at, but that I generally wouldn't mind being their roommate.


There was a second place I was supposed to look at, but the person never called me back/responded to my texts. I cruised by the house and it looked a bit sketchy/run down...errr. I think I'm better off looking at more places.


The third was place was an itty bitty bungalow. Annie was nice, but the place was a bit small. I think I could make it work, but I think spending the extra amount for a bigger/more central place would be better in the long run. We did have a nice chat, so in the end I may have made a friend.


I got a chicken burger at a restaurant and chilled and drove around while killing time in the day. The drive back always feels much longer than the drive down.


Talked to mom, which was nice.


Early in the day, I bought some more Earl Gray because I drank it all. Also got some frozen yogurt and toppings. Yum! Pretty good start to the day.


Another work week starts. Yay! Soon I'll move, soon I'll get evenings back, soon I'll be getting paychecks, which will be awesome (they will come bimonthly, not every Friday which is as I originally thought).

No comments: