hi

hi

Friday, April 13, 2012

tour at Machine Zone

The lawn was pretty swamped from yesterday's rain. The doggies were in the house, so it was odd to have a day free from their needy whining and barking and instigation of the other dogs in the neighborhood. Edited the text in my resume, and added Freelance Illustrator to my work experience. Now that I get Nate for the weekend, I'll have him hovering so I'll be actually able to utilize his advice for applying for jobs and stuff. Whoo!

I made bacon and eggs for breakfast, and there was enough to give Nate some nibbles. Such a good sister. I ate the last Choco Taco though. Bwhahaa. Nate left at about 11am, and it is 11pm and he still hasn't returned (edit: it is 11:26 and he came home).

I did a quick 30 minute portrait, and another one in the evening. Yay tablet experience!

At 5:10ish, I hopped in the car for the first time in a week and drove to Palo Alto. It was a bit rush houry, but not so bad. Parked visited Nathan at work for a little tour. He showed me the art department with their great Intuos touch screen Wacom computers. Introduced me to several people. Thomas showed me all the different levels of things, like the background painters and texture artists and animators and character designers and all these other things. Got to see the full spectrum. IT. WAS. AWESOME! Justina showed me the photoshop layers she builds up for things. It was really cool. Fun little outing. Should have distributed my business card more (I gave one to Thomas).

Nathan treated me to some Paris Baguette (which is a Japanese chain). I had the chocolate filled croissant, because that is what I'll always get when confronted with pastries. Palo Alto had so many Mercedes, and other fancy cars. No automobile looked like it wasn't built in the 2000's.

It was an easy ride back. Got home at around 7ish. Chilled. Ate the bean rice pastry that was left over from the late lunch. Watched some United States of Tara. I need to get back on track with the job hunt. Back on the track of LOOKING for jobs. I've noodles my resume and portfolio as far as they'll go. I should print out my portfolio though...because one should have a physical portfolio to show people at meetings. That should be something I investigate this weekend. Find a Kinkos and get some print outs, and get a nice binder to put them into. Yup.

Second weekend in California!

No comments: