hi

hi

Sunday, April 8, 2012

hopping in SF

I sent off some emails today to people asking if I could use them as references, so that was good! Another step. I also put Microsoft Word on my computer, so I can edit my resumes and stuff. Get those in order.

Nathan, Chad, and Oleg went bike riding. I sat out on the lawn area and read. Then I got tired, so I took a nap. I caught some sun on my collar bone. I am determined to get my freckles back and in full face force!

The boys came back from bike riding, and we went to get some pizza from A Slice of New York. Good pizza according to Oleg, and it was indeed good. We also swung by a BevMo and I was wowed by the selection. We four gnawed on pizza and chatted and drank some beer and pushed the hyper dogs out of our laps. It was a good afternoon.

In the evening, Nate and I went to San Francisco for Carmen's birthday drinks get together thingy. We met, after driving in circles and finally finding some parking, at Medrone Art Bar. I got a fancy drink. Met Erin and Frank and Alisha, and all were very nice. It was Prince night at the bar, so it was crowded and they projected videos. I whipped out my sketchbook and did some drawings. I wish I could scan the drawings I've been making, as they are quite good. From there we walked down the street and got some food at Burger....Burger...I can't remember the rest of the name but they had awesome onion rings and sweet potato fries. Steven joined us. Chatted with Erin about art and things. After food, we hopped to the bar next door, and I had a beer and did more sketches and it was all quite swell. I gave Carmen one of my Banana Slug prints, and she was enthusiastic about receiving it. It is becoming quite my signature piece, what with it being on my business card and all that. Nathan, who had nothing to drink because he was an awesome designated driver, drove us (him and I) home at around 1:20ish. Fun night.

Tomorrow we might go to Ikea. I need to get my resumes in proper order. Then I start Googling jobs and trying to become this thing called "employed". Yay.

No comments: