hi

hi

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

tahoma

Set my alarm, though I still woke up before it. Still on vacation time. Tomorrow will be the first full day at home. Need to make myself a list of to dos for tomorrow. Sort through my clothes in the bins. Email people for references. Edit my resumes. That sounds good. I can listen to an audiobook while sorting through clothes. Gotta make a Goodwill run. Have way too much stuff that I don't wear.

Anyway, at 11:20ish, Ma and I went to the recycling center and dropped off the cardboard and plastic and other recyclables.

At noon, we met Dad, Joyce, and Grandma at the Safeway, and we carpooled in the van to the cemetery for Grandpa Spencer's interment. It is a set system in how they do it at the Veteran's Cemetery. You wait in a queue and then they take you to a little memorial area when your time arrives. Very time coordinated, which is rather sad when you think about it. So many Veteran's in need of memorials, at half hour increments. And looking at the name plates, some people were so young. Scotty and Scott and Dick arrived, and that rounded out our little cadre. The flag was folded and unfolded. There was a five gun salute, and we were given the shells. A Veteran read some passages, and finally Grandpa's ashes were placed in their space behind a slab of marble. It was a brisk March Monday.

J, J, D, GM, L, & T went to Rock Pizza afterwards. Ma and I shared a pizza and both had a tasty porter. Grandma's BLT was a bit salty. We chatted in good spirits about this and that.

Sometimes I think about the conversations I've had, and I can't remember what we all talked about. I remember talking, but about what? This thought extends to many conversations, not just today. Hmmn. I also have pretty bad memory. Thankfully this blog keeps it all in order.

Dick went back whence he came, Joyce made a Sally's Beauty Supply Perm Hair Rollers run, and I got some small bobby pins. There was some napping on the way back to where we left the car in Silverdale. Dad, the driver, didn't nap.

The carpool split up. Ma and I bought hair dye and aquaphore at Walgreen's. At home we settled in for some relaxing. I dyed my hair. The color is called Raspberry Truffle aka Soft Mahogany Dark Brown. The "fancy" name and the "sort of describes what the color actually is" name. It is a little bit darker than I expected it to be, but maybe that is because I haven't had my hair this dark since I was a teenager. I've been doing the medium brown/auburn thing, so now this is a lovely dark auburn. I really like it though. I'll put up a picture when I can get a good daylight photo. Got a new look for a new locale, I just need to move there already.

No comments: