hi

hi

Monday, January 16, 2012

T, J, J, M, & E

Set my alarm, but woke up at 11:30ish aware that I promised to call Jared at 11. There was snow outside, but not much. We agreed that, when his Grandma visited for a bit, she would relay the road conditions and then I would go if the roads were good. They were!

At 1pm I headed off to Indianola, Washington. Just past Kingston. It was a good drive in the Prius. It doesn't have the vroom like my Contour, but its a peppy little car. And I can't help but feel a bit special in it.

Anyhoo! I had Japanese class with Jared, years ago. Back in 2004. Haven't seen him since around 2005. Since then he has gotten married to a lovely lady named Jamie and had a son Marlowe and a new wee daughter Eleanor. And I met them all! Jamie is super nice. The wee babe is cute. Marlowe is spirited and ticklish. I have no idea how to relate to children, but I tried. It wasn't the longest of visits, as I wanted to head out before it got too dark and cold. But it was a good visit. We talked Rubik's cubes and what they symbolically represent. We talked about fur and fashion. Art, school, life. All these things. It was nice. If he always comes to this neighborhood during the holidays, I'll probably see them again next year. That would be a great tradition!

Got some milk on the way home.

Chilled on the laptop. Ate a salad and some McVities. I'm typing from bed, even though its just 10pm. I'm getting tired at reasonable hours once again. So that is good.

No comments: