hi

hi

Thursday, August 18, 2011

hair like impending autumn

A lovely day outside. Went to my dental check up. Everything is looking and healing fine. Hurrah! On the way back I impulsively bought hair bleach. At least my impulsions are cheap. I'd be a bad stock broker. Anyway, I spent the afternoon attempting to ombre my hair (a style where the lightest part is at the bottom and it gradually fades to your natural color). And these were the results:

It is a bit more...orange than I'd like. In another month, once my hair has healed (or rather, been moisturized tenderly) I might toss in a light brown color on the bottom, just to soften it up a bit. The good thing about this, is that it is the ends of the hair. The stuff that is first to be cut off. All the good and healthy bits are still good and healthy. Because doing henna one day and bleach the next is not that good of an idea. Still, it worked! It has to settle a bit before I'm used to it, but generally yay hurrah!

Spent the rest of the nice day indoors finishing up my quilt. A movie (the hilarious and lewd Mystery Team) some Red Dwarf and The Last Enemy later, and it is all put together! I just need to do the border and then viola, it is complete! Sure it doesn't look like they most professional of quilts. Far from it. But it is full of heart and love.

Gah, gotta get up early because mom is taking the Prius to the dealer for some car stuff. Will finish the quilt and do portraits tomorrow. Yes. That sounds nice.

Todays Portrait Is: Paul Auster.

No comments: