hi

hi

Monday, August 15, 2011

out of it

Saturday:

Woke up pretty swollen. Like a chipmunk. At this stage I switch from ice packs to heat. Packed up my car. Chilled my face. Off we went to Pulali. Brynne and Dan were visiting for the night, so that was awesome. I spent a large chunk of the day napping on the couch, because the meds knocked me out. Was very swollen. Brynne whipped me up some creme cheese and salmon on soft crackers. Dinner was soft pasta and steamed vegetables. Other people had sausages and burgers and food that I couldn't eat. Some other stuff happened, but I was both out of it and can't quite recall. Talked with Dan about books a bit. Slept soundly.

Todays Portrait Is: Daniel Clowes.

Sunday:

Worked my way slowly through some pancakes for breakfast. Mmm. Then took another nap while Brynne and Dan kayaked and Mom and Dad did something else. B & D left early. Only one night at Pulali for them, but I'll see them in a week so that will be nice. Nibbled my way through some food. It is hard to eat because my mouth doesn't open that way. Slightly less swollen though that isn't saying much. Ma and pa continued to eat food that I couldn't. This included some afternoon s'mores. Boo! Took a little hike with Celia and Ma.

Had a very restless night sleep.

Today's Portrait is: Chris Ware.

Monday:

I look less swollen, though my cheek is bruised from it. Just a little bit of pudge in the cheeks, but I feel it pressing against my teeth and it is hard to eat or work up an appetite. Left Pulali at around 11am. Arrived home and unpacked. I checked up on what was happening on the Internet. Mom made me an egg salad sandwich that I had to cut into little pieces. I was feeling ill, but the sandwich and some ginger ale restored me. Hurrah!

Took it easy for the day.

At 6:50ish we three went into town to see Cowboys & Aliens. It was good. Nothing like AHHH PHENOMENAL SO COOL. Good. Stunts and effects were well executed. Excellent actors in nice costumes. It was good.

Dad is off to work for a quicky. Tomorrow I simply must get a big part of my quilt finished.

Today's Portrait Is: Michael Chabon.

No comments: