hi

hi

Friday, August 19, 2011

wedding rehearsal woop woop

Boy oh boy. What a day! I got a horrid night sleep, so rolling out of bed at 6:30 was already a bad start. Showered and put some makeup on and then looked at the clock and then started getting rushed. Buttered some bread. Drew out directions. Then I had a mild panic when I was trying to wrangle my brain around where the heck Kingston is. Dad ended up driving me to the ferry, and got there in perfect time. It was gray and cold and I was waiting in the cycle area in front of the cars. I was in a dress and a light jacket next to guys on motorcycles. I was shivering a bit, but was ever hopeful the weather would improve.

It was a short ride over to Edmonds. I biked up the hill to 9th, which got my blood pumping. So even though it was gray, that was good because if it was warm, I would have been drenched in sweat.

Arrived at Janet and Steve's house a bit early, but that was fine. Time to drink some tea and collect my breath.

Did I mention what I was in Edmonds for? No? Yes? I was there for my second cousin Carmen's wedding rehearsal. She is marrying this dude Josh tomorrow.

Anyway, met Josh. He is a nice dude. Brian, Shawn, Kirsten, and quite a few other people arrived on time. They set up outside all this nice fancy equipment. I'm not part of the full wedding party, I am one of four poem readers. I get front row seating. Booyah. They did their little walk throughs. It will be a really nice ceremony. I'll have to try not to cry, but I probably will. After a couple run throughs, we headed down to Five (a bistro) for the rehearsal dinner brunch.

My appetite is gargantuan after so many pudding days. Scarfed the salad, the sandwich, the chips, and even had room for tiramisu. It was fantastic. Everyone in the Carmen+Josh crew is so nice, and since I've done all that art for Odd Owl, they are familiar with me. I had a great time chatting and eating and getting to know more awesome people.

I left my bike at Janet and Steves, so I got a ride back with them and pedaled down to the ferry dock along the waterfront. The sun had come out and it was positively warm and brilliant. I bought my ferry ticket and parked at the front. Being first on is pretty awesome.

Ma was scarfing a crepe when I disembarked from the ferry. I drove home so that she could continue to eat. I computered it up when I got home and mom gave me the evil eye for computering it up. Because now my computer habits interfere with her habits thanks to the monitor probems. Mmm.

Nathan flew up from San Jose tonight. He'll be here for the weekend.

There will be a break in portraits till we return from Pulali.

Josh and Carmen's wedding tomorrow! Yaaay! I wrapped my present up real nice. Yup.

Todays Portrait Is: Haruki Murakami.

No comments: