hi

hi

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

mother knows best

Woke up at 10am, without my alarm clock. Didn't feel like sleeping in, so I got up. Had an egg and some tea for breakfast and then got to grinding up my last remaining henna. I'll let my hair go natural from now on. Put it in my hair and then did my hair up in a plastic wrap turban to keep it from oozing everywhere. Then I got on with relaxing. The swelling in my cheeks has all but visibly disappeared, though my jaw is still tight and I can feel the swelling in my mouth. So it did end up being a long recovery, all though not so totally bad. Not a lot of pain, just discomfort.

I pieced my quilt together and it is now resting on the quilting frame. After I go get my checkup tomorrow, I shall sit in front of the television and finish it!! Hurrah!

I can't tell the difference in my hair so much, but it normally takes about a day before the full color comes out. And anyway, henna is a soft shift. Think I might try and ruin my hair with at home ombre style highlighting next. Mmhmm.

Anyway, made myself some pasta for dinner. Ma came home at around 8 and we watched Tangled. Which was really fun! A lot better than I was expecting (though I don't know why I thought less of it from my first impressions).

Busy next couple days.

Todays Portrait Is: John Burdett.

No comments: