hi

hi

Thursday, July 28, 2011

might be employed soon

Another long day without mum. Slept in. Barbie's Cafe in Seabeck had a help wanted sign, so I filled out an application and turned it in with my resume. Maybe I'll have a job, that would be swell! It will be nice to earn some moolah to pad my account for when I eventually leave home and start my life. August came faster than I expected it to. Yeesh. Anyway, it would be waitress/dish cleaner type stuff. I'm cool with that. All experience is good experience.

After that I got to quilting. Put Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on my MP3 player and listened to a big chunk of that while I sewed up squares. I'm nearing the point where I assemble the squares. Yay. I bought either way too much green fabric or not enough blue. I'll have to count my squares tomorrow and see what shape the quilt shall take. I should have them ready to layout, and then I'll have to buy fabric for the border and back and then it will be near done! Hurrah! It goes both slow and fast at the same time, quilting does.

Dinner was left over pasta and a lovely salad. So You Think You Can Dance had some great routines tonight. Lady Gaga was a good judge. She actually critiqued some of the choreography. I think I can tell who is going home tomorrow though. It is a shame that the dance numbers can bring dancers down even if they do it well, simply by not having an attention getting number.

Now to read! I'm halfway done with my big book of awesome stuff.

Todays Portrait Is: Madchen Amick.

No comments: