hi

hi

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

happy birthday mum!

Mums birthday today, so naturally she had to work. I went into town to run some errands. Went to Best Buy to check out computers. Not to buy, just to observe. Went to Old Navy and tried on some clothes that I didn't like. Swung by Walgreens and picked up some sweets. Got some vegetable oil at Seabeck Store. I made mom a cake for her birthday. A simple cake mix in a bundt pan, except it didn't come out of the bundt all that easy. And by that I mean, it came out in several chunks. I put a couple tea candles on it. Looked all right. All food digests the same, who cares about presentation?

Read a bit. Watched telly. Didn't feel like quilting. Tomorrow I am likely to quilt.

Ma came home and we had pasta for dinner. She opened her presents. I got her the second and third book of the Hunger Games trilogy, as she asked for. A gnome came in the mail for mom as well (Nathan's present, as mom wanted a gnome). We are going to play "hide the gnome" with it. I put it somewhere in the garden, and when she finds it, she'll move it somewhere else and when I find it, I'll move it. And so on. So right now I've hidden it. It isn't like HIDDEN hidden. It is well within sight and hopefully not near a bees nest.

We watched Johnny English and then mom sorted out her online book orders and I watched an episode and a half of MI-5 aka Spooks. Good spy drama.

So yeah. Quilting. It sucks I can't listen to audiobooks from my computer, but I guess I can just load up my MP3 player with something, though the display on my MP3 player is also blacked out. Ohhh why is my tech refusing to display to me these days?

Todays Portrait Is: Michael Ontkean.

No comments: