hi

hi

Sunday, May 8, 2011

a day for Whovians

Stayed up late with portraits, and then had to haul myself out of bed at around 10ish, as Rollyn had offered to help me move my stuff out of my studio at noon. I delayed it till 1 though, because I was moving in slow motion. We caught the little bit of sun when it came to moving. Only took one trip! His little Fit can hold more than it would seem at first. In thanks for the help I made tacos and we watched the Doctor Who episode Blink, because Rollyn has never watched Doctor Who. He enjoyed it, and even jumped at a few parts. Hahah. He had a cast party to get to so he left. I spent the rest of the day doing dishes and watching The Three Doctors and chilling out.

I have volunteered to help with this girls camp. Just three days, going to teach the little ones how to screen print. Huzzah!

At 7, Madeline picked me up and we went to see Thor. It was surprisingly enjoyable. The right balance of humor and character depth and it had a good stable of actors (Natalie Portman, Stellan Skarsgaard, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins). It was fun. I'd watch it again. Maybe not in theaters. Afterwards we went back to my place and ate ice cream and cookies and watched The Pyramids of Mars, a Tom Baker era Doctor Who story arc. Madeline, despite being a huge fan, hasn't watched any Doctor Who prior to the 8th Doctor. Netflix instant watch has a ton. You can see that I'm using my time wisely.

She left, and I returned to The Three Doctors. Though I think I should tuck in now. My sleep schedule is already all sorts of out of whack, and I have stuff to do tomorrow (thesis scanning, printing, etc).

Todays Portrait Is: Kele Okereke.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take pictures of what you want to make for your printing studio. I wish I could take one of your classes on printing.