hi

hi

Saturday, May 14, 2011

song in my heart, ringing in my ear


So it seems Blogger is back up. Hurray!

Slept in later than I should have. Did two portraits, went to school. Scanned them in. Burned a disc with the files. Turned in my receipt to prove I earned my degree. And then I got some paint to paint my studio back to white, and that took a long time. A long long time. It seemed to take longer to paint it white than it did to paint it blue. And the ground is probably due for another coat of gray paint. It is pretty well splattered. But that is one less thing to worry about. I think all I have to do now is turn in my keycard, pay my library and printing fines/fees. And then I'm good to go.

It was a very warm warm day so I went home at 4:15pm and changed into shorts. My first shorts day! Winter is gone!

When I got to the end of the year picnic, I had missed all the hot dogs. And I was grummmpy. Small breakfast + no meat + manual labor = grumpy Trillian. Sat with Madeline, Tabitha, Kristen, and crew while I got my nourishment in.

The next five hours went by super fast. I would sit with Heather and Daniel. Then Kristen and Co. Then Karen. Then hop around and talk to Abby and Matthew. Ate Tabitha's hot dog. Drank some beer. Participated in TWO dog piles. I got my hair caught in Sivonna's shoe. Swung on the swing set. The sun went down. It got a bit chilly, but I was fine. It didn't feel sad in the "I'm saying goodbye this is it" way. Besides, we still have to walk and get our diplomas. None of us are GONE yet. It was just a fantastic day.

And it didn't end at 9pm! I went home, changed back into pants, and went to Slabtown, which is a free venue/bar. I knew some people I knew would be there. Vince, one of Jon's friends, was there and so we chatted. Jon, Dom, and Sivonna showed up later. I ended up staying at Slabtown with Vince and his crew, instead of going to Ground Kontrol. It was better to stay reasonably close in, because I would be biking home and couldn't stay out that late. Some bands played, I can't quite separate the music styles but each band was better than the last. It was loud and fun. Vince and I grabbed some cheese fries at The Roxy afterwards. And then we parted ways.

All in all, an excellent of the the school year day. Now to go to bed, get up, and volunteer and do stuff!

Todays Portrait Is: Carmen Caruso (Odd Owl).




*the photo is a picture of Morgan Murphey's 20' x 20' self portrait.

No comments: